Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Kathy photo and heartbeats - 33 weeks

Sorry I haven't written in a few days. But I do have some new things to share.

First of all, if you cast a glance to the photo, you'll notice that Kathy has grown another 2 inches since her last measuring 3 weeks ago. Needless to say, she's right on target and hasn't looked more beautiful.

Kath is getting to the point now where she can wear my clothes and they fit. I think that should bother me, but it doesn't. It's called a healthy sense of self-denial, folks. Invest in one and be happy!


You can click on the photo to get a little larger view. She's feeling tired, but happy. Kicky & Jumpy are certainly active and you can physically see them moving all around. The more I consider the miracle of propagating the human race, the more I'm utterly astounded. And utterly grateful that it's not the males of the species that carry the young. We're such tremendous wussies. Just ask a guy who has a bad headcold. Wussies, I tells ya.


And yes, I can speak for all males everywhere. :-P


Gomez came over on Saturday and provided two mighty arms for moving things and provided some much-needed relaxation and fun. While he was helping Kath downstairs, I was able to steam clean the carpets upstairs. Looks like brand new crappy carpet. I'm very proud. I was also able to use the cleaner to do the vinyl kitchen floor...sparkly! Why didn't I get one of these before?! But I digress from babynews.


I bought this little heart monitor that is very much like my stethoscope with the added benefit of having a little amplifier built in. That way we can tape the heartbeats of the twins for y'all. So, without further adieu (spelling?), here are a couple mp3s with a few seconds of heartbeats. Now, this ain't Abbey Road studios...just me with my Cool Edit Pro editing program.

So there you have it. Anyone who cannot open/play these files, lemme know and I'll send 'em to you.

Tomorrow afternoon we go for an ultrasound and Thursday morning is another non-stress test. More reports as events warrant,

Joe