Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Photos and gratitude

It's been pointed out to me that I neglected to mention my Aunt-in-law's Eastertime visit to the merry Doherty household. Believe you me, Diane, this was not intentional. I honestly thought I wrote up a blog on the experience. But I don't have to impress upon you that I could have simply had a waking dream that I did so.


So for those of you out there in cyberspace who didn't know, Kathy's Aunt Diane came up from Arizona for a week long visit...most of which was sadly spent in her hotel room with an illness. Figures. Just goes to show you that being couped up in a hermetically sealed cesspool...sometimes called an "airplane"...can be just downright crappy.

But while she was here, she did give us many marvelous gifts...most importantly, an additional bottle warmer. Dear God, this was a blessing. We cannot thank her enough for this. When you have two hungry babies screaming at you, you'll know what I mean. So thank you, Diane. We were thrilled you made the trip and were able to visit with us and the boyz.

In re-reading this bloggy thing, I also noticed that I didn't have any photos of my in-laws. So here's a photo of Roger and Kay holding Kevin & Jason:






So the boyz were better last night. I would even go so far as to say it was a "good" night. Kathy had a dentist appointment this morning at 8am, so I got to feed both boyz this morning. They were terribly cute. Of course, my lovely wife had changed their diapers while I was feeding the pets, so that made life much easier this morning.

And finally, I wanted to take this opportunity to wish my wife a Happy Anniversary. We've been married three years today, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that I've never been happier. Kathy: the words have not been invented to describe how much I love you. I'm the luckiest dingbat on the planet.

- Joe