Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Paternity leave at an end

Man, what a difficult morning. No...not the babies keeping our sleeptime to a minimum. The fact that I had to go to work. I'm astounded at how attached I am to the little buggers. Even at 4:30 this morning they were still making me smile. Oh well. This is the way life works. I need to earn diaper money.


Anyway, I apologize for not writing more often. I know that lots of people out there are waiting to hear news. I wanted to minimize time on the computer and spend it tending to my fledgling family. My sons and wife are doing very well. If my mother-in-law wasn't staying with us, I know things would not be going as smoothly. She's a wonder; taking care of the pets, laundry, cleaning, meals while allowing us to figure out this parent thing. But overall, everything is going very well at the ol' homestead. One of the other benefits of working close to home is going home at lunchtime to visit (which I will do in a few minutes).


Once again, I need to say how proud I am of Kathy. She's so astoundingly strong, loving and intelligent that I sometimes need to pinch myself (ow) to remember how lucky I am.


The boys are cute as can be. I am fully aware that parents all believe their children to be adorable. Heck, that's how species are propogated: we find little creatures with giant heads and big eyes irresistable. So, yes...in reality, I know that the rest of the world sees our babies and thinks, "aww...lookit the little aliens!". But to me, they're the cutest aliens I've ever seen.


They're eating very, very well and seem to be gaining a decent amount of weight. Kevin is an eating champ these days, and they often eat up to 3 fl. oz. Normally 2.5 fl. oz is the amount they happily consume. All other bodily functions seem to be working...sometimes amazingly so. They are definitely my sons when it comes to poops, God bless them.


More later,

Joe