Monday, February 4, 2008

Cindi made Sunday a good day

Before the debacle that my evening turned into with the Pats, my sister Cindi came over to help us organize. You know, it's one of those things where you don't know what you need to do until it's too late...or you have an experienced hand helping you.

When Cindi first arrived, she wept at the sight of how beautiful and big(!) Kathy's gotten to be. Believe you me, photos do not do Kathy justice. You have to see her in person...she's so damned beautiful. Anyway, Cindi brought over tons of great stuff, like another crib, a gate, boxes of cleaned, labeled clothes...I almost feel ready to be a dad.

Cindi & I went over to my cousin Brian's as well, as Cindi was bringing him some delicious food. For those of you in the know, Brian looks tremendous. His coloring is good, he's thin (he calls it the "cancer diet...didn't have to exercise or anything!"), and they also gave us a wonderful gift and tons of great hand me downs. We are thrilled and thankful that they would even think of us during such a tough time.

My sis came back and basically single-handedly organized our closets and bureaus. Plus, she & I got to chat a bit about what I should expect when I become a father. Questions I just need to kinda know the answers to, like: I'm a big guy. How hot should the water for bath, milk for eating be? I mean, what's warm to me might be hot for an infant....questions like that. She answered everything without even laughing and pointing at me.

Anyway, she's a wonder, my sis. I'm lucky to have her in my life.

- Lucky Joe