Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ladies & Gentlemen, Kathy is back home


Well, here we are, five days after I posted the announcement of the birth of my sons. Still getting used to saying that term..."my sons". I almost sound like I'm an adult. Almost. So what has happened? Tons. Let's just say I have significantly more grey hair than I did on Thursday.


Out of respect for Kath, I'm not going to post the details of everything that happened. I know, that's a first. But I will say that if having an emergency c-section is the easiest part of your weekend, then I think you can just imagine. Did I mention grey hair?




Today Kathy arrived home. I took half a day off from work and brought her back from the hospital. Fortunately, her mom (Kay) flew in from Texas on a moment's notice and is there to help us both. I cannot tell you how amazingly good this is. She's tireless in wanting and being able to help, even the most mundane tasks. For this, I need to thank her once again. Thank you, Kay.




Okay, I'll back up. I'm at work? Yep. The boyz are still in the NICU over at the NWH (I love initials). They are in amazing care up there and I decided it would be better to take my paternity leave when the little buggers finally come home.




What?! You want to know their names?!?! Well, fine. Be that way. Kicky and Jumpy are now officially named Kevin and Jason. They share a middle name: Johnson (Kath's maiden name).




Don't fret...The blog will still be called kickyandjumpy.




K&J are doing pretty well. They're a bit jaundiced and Jason's being sort of a slow eater. So once he gets the eating thing down well and they're done with the UV lamps, we'll have a better indication of when they'll come home. On a personal note, I've changed my first diapers with success, did the swaddle wrap, fed and burped them. I know this will not only become routine, but I'm sure I will roll my eyes when I re-read this a year from now. To think such mundane actions would be worthy of blogging. Yeah, well. Future me, get over it.




One last thing before I let you watch the video of Kathy holding her (technically) first born son for the first time. Remember a while ago when I wrote about what Gomez told me? How you don't know what love feels like until you hold your newborn child in your arms? He is completely right. I fall in love with them every time I see them. And my love for their mother has also exponentially increased...and I didn't even think that was physically or emotionally possible.




Yet, here we are.




Enjoy the movie.