Friday, March 20, 2009

New Word Alert

On Friday March 13th during dinner, after being asked if he would like more, young Jumpy looked me dead in the eye and said, "More".  And it sounded like this --> "moah". Because that is how I say it. "Jason, would you like moah?" I have lived in New England for enough time that there are some words that I pronounce like a born-in-the-wool New Englandah.  (I do still pronounce my 'r's" howeverrrrrrrr.

Just to be sure that it wasn't a fluke like  the earlier declarations of "woof" and "yankees stink",  I repeated my statement to which 
Jumpy said "Moah".  Not once but several times. So, there it is. 

Be on the lookout for new word updates as we're working on the following list: up, down, all done, Go Pats, yucky and eww. 

What's the new word that you learned today? 
Mind > vatic - it means prophetic, oracular