Tuesday, March 3, 2009

He Does Smile

There are days when Kevin's molars aren't menacing him and he gives us a big ol' million watt smile. Here's a snap of said moment.

Here's a snap of Jason displaying his shy guy smile. 

The guys are getting bigger and funnier. Today Jason decided he wanted to read my Neil Gaiman novella, "Miss Finch".   A piece of literature decidely not for 1 year olds. His temper tantrum did not sway me and we moved on to the Tasmanian Devil and Tweety starring in "Opposites".  Whilst I was distracted, SOMEONE took a nibble out of "Bob the Builder and His Hammer". Oh well. I have a book hospital up and running. Rubber cement and cello tape are handy items. 

Jason walked again today. He was put out about the Gaiman book so he didn't notice so I'm not sure if it counts towards real walking. Amy visited Pokey Oaks for lunch and the boys were fascinated. 

Having me home with the boys during the day might not be the greatest idea but I'm sure enjoying it. I say it might not be a great idea as I'm doing things that I probably wouldn't let anyone else do. Refried beans and spanish rice for lunch anyone? Yes, I know that someone (prob me) will pay the price later. But they really did like it. Yesterday they tried spaghettios. Kevin figured out fairly quickly that he can suck the sauce off and spit out the little O's. 

Kevin recognized a Spiritualized song on the radio on Sunday which surprised me. I've been singing the song to him since he was born and was pretty certain that I sound nothing like the original.  Kevin and Jason both love when Sue sings "Pony Boy" to them while they rock on their pony. I tried to sing it to Kevin today. He reached over and put his hand over my mouth. Now, there's a comment, eh? Sue, they miss you. Come back.

Our condolences to Sue and her family on the passing of her Godmother, Annie. Annie was a very sweet lady that I was fortunate enougth to meet a few times.  God bless her and her family.

Oh dear, I hear thumping....naptime must be over. Gotta run. Ta. Kathy