Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Awwww

I've mentioned it before but I'll do so again....Kevin lllllllllllllllloves critters. Stuffed or live. He's got a great big soft spot for the cute and cuddly. Yesterday I was prepping lunch and things got awfully quiet in the living room. So I peeked around the corner and saw 

 Kevin with his arms wrapped around our cat Ginger giving him what amounted to a big bear hug. When I said, "Aww, is Kevin hugging kitty cat?"  Kevin flashed a great big grin. At that point, there was never a happier little boy.  To Ginger's credit, he was taking it well. He sat perfectly still and let Kevin squeeze him. I did walk over to make sure things didn't take an ugly turn. Kevin let go and then grabbed Ginger's tail and neck. Ginger, again to his credit, took it like a man and sat there patiently.  I scratched Ginger's ear and got him to purr and said "OOooh, Kevin, kittycat is purring. He likes you." 

This made Kevin bounce. Bouncing = true happiness for our Kevin.

Where was Jason you ask?  Riding his pony into town, headed to the saloon for a birch beer. He watched the whole thing from the pony...not very impressed based on his expression.