Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Slapstick

I like the Three Stooges. One Saturday AM, Joe generously did the AM shift with the boys and I stayed in bed enjoying a few Stooges' shorts. I had not done that since I was pregnant. I do not share my appreciation for the Stooges with my sons. Definitely not age appropriate. That being said, perhaps television viewing can cross through the placental barrier as I watched Jumpy do something yesterday that was funny and a teeny tiny bit disturbing and definitely 3 Stoogish.

As Sue and I sat in the backyard not talking about this miserably sticky, hot, horribly humid, nasty, take-me-away-Calgon summer weather, I watched over Sue's shoulder as my son did a real Larry-Moe-Curly. He ramped up his speed and went barreling towards our fence. Smacking straight into the fence, he then fell backwards onto the moss laughing hysterically. He repeated this performance. Sometimes he added, "KABOOM!" or "BOINK!"**

Funny kid. Made me laugh. I asked him what he was doing and he answered me with a big smile and a laugh.
Sue said, "Didn't you know he did that?"
Me: "No. Did you?"
Sue: "No, today was the first time. I thought it was something that you knew he did or he did it over the weekend."
Me: "Nope. First time I ever saw it. No idea where he got the idea from. No sense making a big deal about it."

Funny kid. He would be a better stooge than Benicio Del Toro or Sean Penn. He might be the right age by the time they finally get around to making that movie.

** Disclaimer: Our fence is a soft landscaping fence so no children were hurt, disabled or maimed during the making of this performance or this blog.