Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Friday Night

As dinner wrapped up, the boys were their antsy 2 yr old selves asking to get down and play. Joe was clearing the table and I was hurriedly finishing my meal. I asked Jason to sing God Bless America hoping to stall everyone long enough to finish. Joe stood behind me at the sink having a drink of water as he watched Jumpy belt out his tune.

As our wee Neil Diamond sang, I saw him watching Joe with a concerned expression. Suddenly, mid-song, Jason stops and says, "Daddy be careful. You'll choke." And so he did. With laughter. It was a good thing that Joe was standing by the sink as most of the water in his mouth ended up in said sink. Joe and I both burst into peals of laughter. Jason thought that was funny and he joined in laughing.

Jason, good singer and a thoughtful son.