Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's been a while!

Howdy do.

Tis me, Daddy Doherty here to regale you with tales about the boys from my relatively skewed perspective. I have to say that being a dad to these two boyz is nothing but an utter delight. From the mornings when I go in and they give me that smile to the evenings at dinner time when I hear giggles and squeels when I walk in the door. This is the best time I've had in my life, and I am just as happy as I can be these days.

Kathy does a terrific job of documenting the boyz and their daily activities. I can't add much more to her excellent descriptions. But I will share a few tidbits with you. The kids love music. Every morning they demand that the mp3 player be turned on so they can dance and sway to the Disney Animal Kingdom soundtrack. And they are picky. They like to hear this album in the morning, and complain when I put some other selection on.

On Tuesday, I was getting ready to take Kevin from his highchair and bring him into the living room. I said, "Ready, Kevin?". He said, as clear as a bell: "Up, up, Daddy!" Of course, he'll never say that again. But I swear it's true.

A more demonstrable cute thing is Jason's new way to talk to the kitty. Our cat, Ginger, who understands more English than most people I know, is relentless in the morning and evening when he wants to be fed. He will sit and meow annoyedly at you until you feed him and Mango. And he will do this constantly until you feed him. It is meant to annoy you and Ginger succeeds in this effort admirably. Sue often tells Ginger to, "Shhhhhhhhhhh". So the other day I was bringing Jason downstairs for breakfast and he saw a well-fed Ginger digesting on the sofa. Immediately, Jason pointed at the kitty, laughed, and started saying "SHHHH! SHHH! SHHHHHH!". Funny kid! The lesson here? Watch yer language.

So, no new photos for you all. But here's a video of the boyz & me on a Sunday morning. It's about 5 minutes long, so feel free to bail anytime. I just thought it was a cute snapshot of what a morning with the kids are like with their dad.

Enjoy,
Joe