Monday, December 8, 2008

10 Months Old and Already Driving

Greetings all, and a happy December 8th to you.

Today is the boyz 10 month birthday. I find it remarkable to be actually typing those words. Seems like yesterday they just arrived. Then again, I find it difficult to remember what it was like before they were here. Did Einstein write about that paradox? I'm sure he did. Einstein was wicked smaht.

As you already know, Kevin is crawling like a maniac. Maniacs crawl quite well, in case you didn't follow the analogy. He and I have developed a little game (not a game, per se, but I'm not sure what else describes what follows. An "activity" sounds a little too much like kindergarten. Anyhoo...). I'll motion to him with my hands and say, "Kevin, come to daddy". And he'll look up at me and then scoot on over to me and lift his hand to be picked up. Plenty of praise administered by dad follows. I know, not exactly solving a quadratic equation, but it certainly warms my heart.

What you may or may not know is Jason is now, too, crawling quite well. He's still finding his way, but I'm guessing that in a day or two he'll be right up there with Kevin. He is very much a little boy, laughing hysterically when I blow my nose and exclaim, "BOOGIES!". Jason also loves it when we fake sneeze. This provides us with a non-invasive means of looking in his mouth at the new tooth that's coming in, or for him to smile at the camera (see attached photo).

Ah, I knew you wouldn't let me slip that by you, faithful reader: Jason has yet another tooth coming in. As with the others, this process is rather painful, and I can hear his mother upstairs administering Baby Tylenol as he's woken himself up crying. Hopefully, Kevin will remain asleep (knocking on wood).

I had the day off today. I didn't spend as much time playing with the boyz as I would have liked to, but I did get a lot of house
projects complete (or begun, anyway). Sue has been a remarkable nanny, and I can honestly say the boyz have grown leaps and bounds further than I ever would have expected or hoped for. I know in years to come that maybe, just maybe, the boyz will read these words and appreciate the level of loving care Sue has given them in these formative years. I know I do.

Christmastime, in recent decades, hasn't been overly magical for me. Lots of negative events had happened during this season, and I have silently (well, silent for me) endured this festive season with a lugubrious heart. This year I can honestly say I'm looking forward to Christmas and all of the Christmases to come, relearning the magic of the season through the bright blue eyes of my beautiful little sons.

- Joe