Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One month old and feelin' fine

Last Saturday, the twins turned one month old. Noone was more surprised than me. I was so surprised, I forgot to blog about the whole event. Only now has my consciousness returned. Where does the time go? Didn't they just come home from the hospital yesterday?!




Kevin & Jason are doing very well, eating & pooping like champs. Now if they would only allow their mother & father to sleep a bit, that would be tremendous. Even still, I wouldn't trade this for the world. They are getting bigger and cuter every day. They're our little adorable aliens.


I've also been preparing some more photos for the blog and perhaps a video file (if I can up the contrast). So there's more on the way. I'll also have another blog tomorrow as we're on the way to the pediatrician tomorrow morning at 9 am. That, in itself, oughta be an adventure. I'll have the usual post-pediatrician stats for ya.



This weekend they got to meet more new people: Jen and Joe O'Leary (my best man) dropped by on Saturday for a visit. They weren't repulsed at the sight of our sons, so that's a plus. Have to say, it was great to see them...it's been a little while. They brought presents and lots of smiles and laughter. Thank you both.


Also, the Dohertys and my sister stopped by on Sunday. They brought Gingerbread Construction Company muffins (by far, the greatest muffins on the planet...Boston Creme is my personal favorite), a delicious homemade brunch torte and my sister brought this amazing bourbon steak & chicken, rice & peas dish. I ate pretty much the whole thing by myself. Noone else would touch it after I licked it. ;-) They also brought some Similac for the babies and some diapers. We find that feeding babies is a good thing to do.


The Johnsons are still doing tireless work (not exactly accurate...we're all very tired) around the house. Someday we'll find a way to thank them. Without their assistance, we'd be a mess...both literally and figuratively.


This weekend we'll be doing taxes and building cribs. Both activities will require my dad's expertise. He's built many cribs for his first grandchildren, Joey & Molly, so he's the man for the job.



More later,
Joe