Friday, March 28, 2008

Field Trip

Thursday was a great day. I went home at lunchtime and picked up my sons and my wife and brought them to my workplace. This is really the first place the boyz have been outside of a doctor's office. Needless to say, they were a hit. Since Kathy works here, too, it was a nice homecoming for her as well. We are just proud as punch of our children and were happy to show them off.


Kathy and Kay weighed the babies this week. They're growing like little weeds, they are. Jason weighed in about 9.5 lbs, and Kevin weighed in at 9lbs. Real babies, you know? It's hard to believe they're going to be two months old soon. Time is flying by. Honestly, it makes it harder coming to work every day when I think about things like that. I mean, they'll only be this small once in their lives, and I just hate the thought of missing this time. Yes, I see them every evening, but still. I really, really look forward to the weekends.


We're in the process of getting our act together to find a in-home caregiver (aka Nanny) for Jason & Kevin. Kathy will be going back to work in a month or so and we kinda need to find someone. Stressful to even think about, really. I wish we could really afford to have one of us stay home with them. Not only that, it's difficult at our age to rejoin the tech workforce. Now imagine that we try to get hired a few years from now when the kids are in school. We'll be AARP members by then.


Maybe it's time to explore opening my bakery/coffee shop...hmm...


More thoughts later,

Joe