Monday, September 24, 2012

Jason Loses His First Tooth

On Thursday Jason lost his first tooth. It's been loose for awhile. Courtesy of a fall and a break in the gum line. On Wednesday the tooth bled. He insisted that he would not lose any teeth. Ever.

We've been reading books and talking about the Tooth Fairy in order to be prepared.

I arrived at preschool to pick up the boys and Jason ran up to me excited and breathless, eager to tell me and show me all about his tooth.

He was brave about the whole thing and very excited. You can see here that he's giving his best grin in these 2 pictures.

Later that night, the Tooth Fairy visited and left an envelope under Jason's pillow. In the morning, I asked Jason if the Tooth Fairy had visited. He ran into his room and looked under the pillow and exclaimed, 'She left me a message!"

Jason tore open the envelope and discovered some stickers and a dollar bill. He has carried the stickers and the dollar bill around the house ever since.