Sunday, January 15, 2012

2011 - December

December was another busy month. Everyone was still sick. I get sick maybe every 5 years or so, so I guess I was due as I really took it on the chin. I should've spent Christmas day and the next in bed, but did I, nooooo. Joe had lots of projects and stress at his work as did I. Despite all that we managed to sneak in some fun holiday things with the boys. It seemed as if this year more people decorated for the holidays. Asa result, we really enjoyed driving around and viewing the Christmas decorations. We visited the holiday exhibit at the Big Bass Pro shops. Always something, I tell ya.

We had a lovely Christmas Eve with Joe's family and Rob's Uncle Dave. The kids had a blast and the day flew by too fast. Christmas was fun. Kevin has entered the "rip all the paper off and tear through the gifts" phase. Jason still opens one gift at a time and savors playing with it. We had a lovely slow start with cinnamon rolls and breakfast and then eased into gifts. A light Christmas luncheon was followed by an afternoon nap.

We opened more gifts, as Jason still had many to open, while Kevin played with all his gifts (all opened in his morning frenzy) and then we had a lovely Christmas dinner and relaxed together. All in all, a nice holiday.