Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sick, then well, then Oh well

Hi - Yes 4 posts, one after the other, bang bang bang. Well, I've got a bit of time and am still able to keep my eyes open so I'll post one last thing. Everyone here except for me has had the stomach flu for the past week or 2. We're all beat, some of us more than others. The boys have basically recuperated enough that last night's pizza stayed in/down. They both are tired and tempers do flare however.

At the end of Monday's nap, Jason was rocking and singing very loudly. This went on for quite some time. Then I heard a loud thwack and then a thump followed by Jason saying,'Oww. Kevin. That was my back. Owww."

Silence. Then, more singing and rocking. Then, another thwack and a thump. Another "Oww. Kevin. That was my back. Oww." This statement was repeated 2 more times. Now, when I say that Jason is rocking and singing. We're not talking some cutsey, sweet baby-like stuff. No, we're talking hard-core, banging on the crib slats and singing like a Saturday sinner at Sunday mass....good and loud. So, I think to myself, "Jason, I don't blame him. Kevin puts up a with a lot from you. Get the hint."

Well, I'd given each boy 3 books at nap so you know where this is going, right? More singing and rocking followed by a third thwack and a third thump. After Kevin ran out of ammo, they started to talk and laugh and things improved. Until, I heard Jason shrieking. Apparently, he reached out to Kevin (for forgiveness perhaps? I'll never know). I ran upstairs to find Jason in tears, his finger with a large tooth shaped indent and Kevin lying in his crib quietly but not repentantly.

So, like I said, tempers have flared.