Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today's Bauble

Or last night's actually. Kevin was not a big fan of last night's chicken and bean cassoulet. He drank the broth and picked out the beans and flat out refused the chicken. After picking at various other food items he finally turned to me and said, "Ritz crackers pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease." I laughed and said,"This is your dinner. No Ritz." Kevin fixed his eyes on me and said, "Manners matter." This is my 2 year old throwing my words right back at me.

Yes, he did say please. Kevin learned at Christmas that the word "please" is a magic key that opens the door to treats both salty and sweet. So, I'm at a crossroads AND I'm having a life experience.

Crossroads...he DID say please and he DID use his manners. I want to reward this behavior. However, Ritz crackers every night for dinner is a really bad idea. As for the life experience.....at 2 he's throwing my words in my face. Nice, eh?