Friday, December 11, 2009

wee Tom Ford?

Tom Ford? If you're scratching your head wondering who he is, he's a leading fashion designer. I type "Tom Ford?" not to discuss the actual person but because of my experience with wee Kicky this AM. Today was the first day/time that he indicated any interest in his outfit. I'd dressed him and realized afterwards that his shirt was too small. Not tight enough to prevent him from breathing, not "Simon Cowell" tight but clearly....not going to cut it.

So, I strip the shirt off. He scowls and runs to the other side of the room. I say "C'mon, I have a new shirt. It's even better than the striped one. Look, it has pirate monkeys on it." Now, pirate monkeys are pretty cool, right? It was black and red and I thought any little boy would be ok with it. But nooooo. Kicky continues to scowl and looks at the shirt and then says "no monk". Hmm.

So plan B. "Ok, no pirate monkeys. How about......Cookie monster?" Big smile and he runs over to me with his arms raised over his head. So, there it is.

I'm not complaining. Please don't interpret this post as such. Most days it's a huge struggle to get Mr. I like to run around in my diaper Kickster into any clothing. He hates having his diaper or his clothes changed. You have to be prepared with an assortment of distractions and silly songs. I cannot even begin to imagine his teen years.

This parenting is real work, I tell ya.