Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Newton's Other Law of Gravity

Or the Bullwinkle and Rocky secondary title > What Goes In Must Come Out

It's not what you think. We've introduced the boys to rice cereal. For Kicky, this might be the beginning of a passionate (or at least interesting) relationship with food. For Jumpy, well...how should I put it? Perhaps I could let a photo tk the place of 1K words.

Rice cereal?


I'm all set here, thanks.

Jumpy, he of the adorable "no way you're making me do that" smile, is not taking to food at all. Everything going in, comes right back out. Kicky is a different story. He's ok with rice cereal. He's tried to feed himself already and he's even ok with drinking out of a glass. I will warn you...if you decide to share your beverage with Kickmeister....you'll soon decide to just let him have the whole thing as the ratio of baby spit to beverage becomes scary fast.
You've got something
just there on your chin....nevermind

Other news. In the South, when someone is not exactly pretty people will say "She's so homely, bless her heart" as if blessing the person will balance out their homeliness. I told you that to tell you this > "Bless their little misshapen heads".

Being a twin has pros. And cons. For our wee boys...their oddly shaped heads are a by-product of a cozy womb and sleeping positions. (Cozy = realtor-speak for teenytinyittybitty space). Jumpy spent 8 months stuck under my ribs facing my spine. Kicky spent 8 months being squished by Jumpster and stuck under various organs. Upon entering the world, Kickyman favored his right side and Jumpy became a back sleeper. Today Kicky has a lop-sided melon casing and the back of Jumpy's skull would make one think of flapjacks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently the "babies on their backs" trend has resulted in a whole industry of brain shape correcting doctors, therapists, and prosthetics. Anyway, the boys have been fitted for helmets. Poor wee guys. But, if they lose their hair or shave their heads later in life, they'll thank us for this. (I hope.) Kicky will have Batman as a pattern on his helmet, Jumpy will have Spiderman. We wouldn't want the wrong helmet to go on the wrong boy...yikes can you imagine?

Not much other news from Casa Doherty. On Sunday Kickyman realized that we have a dog. He watched her walk across the living room and back again. He seemed fascinated. Nanny Amanda told me today that both boys touched Delta. They were ok with her, she was ok with them and later in the day when Delta tried to sit on Kicky's head, well that was NOT "payback".

cootchie coo, Kicky
----------------------------------------------------------------
Other non-baby stuff.

Have you heard about the new book "Twilight" and the movie they are making from it? No, me either. Apparently this book has been on the NY Times best seller list for 30 weeks and has sold over 5.5 million books. I know I've been busy for the past year but how could I miss this "next big thing"? I've been to Barnes and Noble in the past 30 weeks and I did not see this book being promoted. Now that JK has finished off Harry and Lemony Snicket has killed off the triplets (actually, I don't know that, I'm on Book 11 now), I guess the booksellers are trying to find the next big thing. Let me know what you think of the series if you have read it. Should I invest any of my minimal free time in the series?

Have you heard Roseanne Barr promoting Tahiti Village Resorts? TV Resorts is famous for using washed up celebrities to promote their resort - Alan Thicke, Tanya Roberts. I didn't know she was washed up. I thought she was still a big wig in the comedy world.

There should be a law against movie spoilers, with fines.
New booster seat law. MA has passed one. Seems a bit excessive to me but if it saves a life, then it's worth it.

Why didn't Graham Norton find success in the US w/his talkshow? He's fast, funny and naughty - seems like he should've hit big.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't get:
Jay Leno - When is he funny? When does he do material that isn't stolen from another comic? That bit w/the press conference...Jimmy Kimmel did it 1 week prior.

Ellen Degeneres - I don't buy that "I'm down to earth" stuff besides no body sold that better than Andy Griffith so all others should just stop

Conan O'Brien - The Utah salt beds aren't as dry as his humor

Danielle Steele

Ruby Tuesday

The Macaroni Grille (Why eat pasta when you go out? Can't you make that at home? It costs just $. 75 a box.)

Why is wine marked up 120% at restaurants?
Ticks and fleas - What purpose do they serve?

McCain's new ad blaming Obama for gas prices.

Why the Gulf Station charges $3.89 a gallon at lunchtime but $3.99 during the AM and PM commutes. Actually I get it. Still, it annoys the heck out of me.

Diet Coke. It tastes terrible and nothing like Coke.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And still more other news.

The funniest thing I've read in a long time: from a MetroWest Daily News article on John Brown's Bell > http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x2109422348/Kleinkauf-John-Browns-bell-should-be-returned

Current Harpers Ferry Mayor Jim Addy also thinks Marlborough should give up the bell. "I think they ought to return it because next year is the 150th anniversary of John Brown's raid," he said. "(But) it's a donnybrook."
That it is. And Marlborough's position seems to have become even more intractable.

"The young men from Marlborough saved it from obliteration, so tough noogies," said Gary Brown (no relation), chairman of the city's historical commission. "Had they not taken the bell, it wouldn't exist. Virtually every bell in the South was melted down for munitions. It's ours and it's going to stay ours. Neener, neener, neener."

Neener, neener, neener. HAHAHAHHAHAHA. Seriously, that's hilarious. Is this guy 7 years old? He actually said that. To a reporter. How professional.

With that...I'll sign off.
neener. neener. neener.


Kathy



Future Tahiti Village Resort spokesperson?
I think NOT!