Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo or, preferably, Miracle Whip

What a crappy weekend weather-wise (points for alliteration?). We didn't get out of the house with the boyz this weekend, but we made do! We're currently working on getting the boyz on a feeding schedule that will get them to sleep through the night. They're eating pretty well, anywhere from 27-32 oz a day. The theory is if we can get their day's feedings in by bedtime, then they will not be hungry throughout the night. Well, it's kinda working: they awoke at 2:30, 4:30 and 6:30am, but weren't clamoring for their bottles. A pacifier seems to put them right back to sleep. Of course, they were up at those times...so we're halfway there.

On Saturday I was putting Jason down in his crib for an afternoon nap after his lunch, and he laughed! I'm not putting all that much importance on it, but it was an actual laugh. HA HA HAAAHA HAAA! I'm not sure what he thought was funny. I think he saw my hand resting on the side of the crib and hilarity ensued. I was so shocked...I mean, they're really just starting to get the hang of smiling.

Needless to say, the crap week I'd been having at work was suddenly wiped from my memory.

Later on Saturday I was able to start cleaning out the basement. Mostly that consisted of recycling about two thousand cardboard boxes, returning empties to get 5 cents a bottle, and tossing bits of trash that's accumulated because, well, I live there. Can't have a Joe Home without sh*t everywhere.

Anyway, as I was bringing boxes out of the bulkhead, I slipped on the wet grass (it was raining). I didn't fall, but I probably should have. I ended up pulling muscles on my right side and back. You know the kind of muscle pull that makes it difficult to breath without sobbing like a wussbag? Yep...that's the one. I will say that Advil is a wonderful product and I will happily endorse their company. So, I brought the boxes to recycle, bottles were returned for a profit and I went in and did some grocery shopping. But that was pretty much the end of my constructive day.

It's a beautiful spring day here in New England today, so Kathy's going to go for a walk with Kevin & Jason. We're still interviewing nannies. Kathy's mom Kay is returning on May 18th, just in time to be the lifesaver that she is and watch the kiddies when Kath returns to work on May 19th. Kay has already had so much experience with our children that I feel extremely comfortable with her. She's also a very good judge of character so she can help us pick someone. In the meantime, Kevin & Jason will be in good hands.

Today is my brother-in-law Barry's birthday, so happy birthday to you, my brother! I hope you have a good one, and hope you can pop by for a visit soon.

More later,
Joe