Friday, April 17, 2009

Yuck. Yum

This AM Kicky, Jumpy and Mommy are playing in the nursery. Jumpy picks up a small book and leafs through it. Holds it up to Mommy indicating his desire to have me read it. That's his new cute thing. He opens a book and holds it up with both hands imploring you to read it. A-dor-able.

So I read the book. He takes it back from me when I'm done and slowly raises it to his mouth. He knows that this is not acceptable behavior. We've covered this before.  House motto #4: "We don't eat books."

So I gently push the book away from his mouth and he snaps it right back up. We do this book ballet 3 times and then I finally say, "Yucky."  Jason snaps the book up to his mouth and says "YUM."

So, folks, there it is. I've been corrected by my one year old. Books are edible and they are yummy.